Cuticle oil or nail & skin oil is a moisturising product designed to improve the health and appearance of your nails and surrounding skin. It is typically made from a blend of natural oils, such as jojoba, almond, and avocado oil, as well as vitamins and other nourishing ingredients. Here are some of the main benefits of using cuticle oil:
- Hydrates and moisturises: The primary benefit of using cuticle oil is that it hydrates and moisturises the skin around your nails. This can help to prevent dryness, cracking, and peeling, which can be unsightly and uncomfortable. By keeping the skin around your nails moisturized, cuticle oil can also help to promote healthy nail growth.
- Softens cuticles: Another benefit of using cuticle oil is that it softens the cuticles, making it easier to remove with a wooden stick or curette. Softening the cuticles can also help to prevent painful splitting or tearing.
- Promotes nail health: Cuticle oil can help to promote healthy nail growth by moisturising the nail bed epithelium, this will in turn encourage the nail plate to be transported along the nail bed at a normal rate. *If the bed epithelium is damaged or dried out (maybe due to infection or a fungal invasion) then the nail plate growth is slowed, and the nail may start to be forced upwards (we see this in toenails with fungal infections) which can be painful or uncomfortable when wearing closed shoes. Applying your cuticle/nail oil will also make it harder for pathogens like fungi to take hold.
- Enhances manicures: Using cuticle oil as part of your regular manicure routine will improve flexibility of the nail (important to help stop them cracking, splitting or breaking) and can help to enhance the appearance of your nails. It can give them a healthy shine and make them look smoother and more polished. Additionally, cuticle oil can help to extend the life of your manicure by preventing chipping and peeling.
- Soothes skin: Finally, cuticle oil can be a soothing and relaxing addition to your self-care routine. Many people find the act of massaging the oil into their skin and nails to be a calming and stress-relieving experience. Additionally, some cuticle oils may contain essential oils that will promote penetration through the nail plate and in and around the nail folds.
Numerous benefits for using cuticle oil
Using cuticle oil can provide numerous benefits for your nails and skin. By moisturising, softening, and promoting healthy growth, cuticle oil can help you to achieve stronger, healthier, and more beautiful nails, but more important it will extend the durability of your nail coating or nail enhancement.. Additionally, using cuticle oil as part of your self-care routine can be a relaxing and enjoyable experience and combined with a quality lotion containing Allantoïne & Ureum is the perfect finish to your salon service or home-care routine.