Gel polish has revolutionized the world of nail art, offering a longer-lasting and more durable alternative to traditional nail polish. Gel polishes come in two different forms in a bottle and in a pot. In this article, we will explore the differences between these types of gel polishes.
Gel polish in a Bottle
Ge polish in a bottle is the most popular type. It comes in a small bottle with a brush applicator. Gel polish in a bottle is known for its ease of use and convenience. You don’t need any additional tools to apply it, and it is easy to carry around if your a mobile nail professional.
The main advantage of gel polish in a bottle is its easiness of use and its wide range of colors and finishes, from glossy to matte. There are literally hundreds of different shades! Additionally, it is usually a soak-off option that will provide an easier removal. It is almost as easy to apply as a traditional nail polish.
There are many brands out there, with different price levels and different quality. It is up to the nail professional to choose the brand that works best for them and covers all their needs.
Gel polish in a Pot
Gel polish in a pot is a thicker version of gel polish. It comes in a small pot and is applied with a brush. It usually has a thick and creamy consistency, making it quite easy to apply and control.
The main advantage of gel polish in a pot is its consistency which makes it ideal for nail art. The fact that it is in a pot also makes it easier to pick up with different brushes, and you can be certain that you will use every single drop of it.
Gel polishes in a pot come in soak-off or hard gel options, so make sure you know in advance which category yours falls into as it will affect removal.
However, we do need to point out that gel polishes in a pot can be messy, so make sure you work as clean as possible.
Which One Should You Choose?
When it comes to choosing the right type of gel nail polish, there are several factors to consider, such as price, durability, ease of use, and availability. Here is a comparison chart to help you make an informed decision:
Gel Polish in a Bottle
Pros – Easy to use, wide range of colors and finishes and no extra tools needed.
Cons – Not as durable as coloured hard gels.
Gel Polish in a Pot
Pros – Versatile, great for nail art, easy access to all the product and wide range of colours.
Cons – Can be messy to use and harder to remove.
Ultimately, the type of gel polish you choose depends on your personal preferences and needs.
No matter which type of gel polish you choose, we advise you to take a class with the brand to learn the proper use of the specific product line, and then follow the manufacturer’s guidelines regarding application and removal protocols.
In conclusion, gel polishes are a popular and long-lasting alternative to traditional nail polish. Gel polishes come in different types, each type has its own advantages and disadvantages, and choosing the right one depends on your personal preferences and needs.
- Are gel polishes in a pot more affordable than the ones in a bottle?
- It depends on the brand. Both types provide more expensive and more affordable options.
- Can I use the same UV/LED lamp for all types of gel nail polish?
- UV/LED lamp that is calibrated to work with the product you choose to use. If we are comparing gel polishes in a bottle or in a pot from the same brand, then yes, you will be able to use the same lamp for both.
- Which type of gel polish lasts the longest?
- Hard gel polishes last longer.
- Can I mix different types of gel polish? This is not advisable.
- How do I remove gel polish from my nails at home?
- You can remove some gel polishes by soaking them in acetone for 10-15 minutes. Most will require to have the top coat filed off first. Others cannot be soaked off and need to be filed off completely. We advise you to seek professional help for a safer removal.
- Can I apply gel polish on my natural nails?
- Absolutely! Gel polishes were designed as a more durable alternative to nail polishes, which means they are meant to be applied on the natural nail. Please follow manufacturer’s guidelines for natual nail preparation, application, curing, and removal of your chosen brand.
- Do I need to use a special base and top coat for gel polishes?
- Yes, it is recommended to use the base and top coat that are part of the gel polish system you have chosen to use to ensure proper adhesion and long-lasting wear.
- Can gel polish damage my nails?
- Gel polish should NOT damage your nails, as long as you follow manufacturer’s guidelines. Do not overfile the natural nail, and follow the correct protocol for a safe removal.
- How long does gel polish last?
- Gel polish can last up to 3-4 weeks without chipping or peeling. It is recommended to remove and reapply every 3 weeks to maintain the integrity of both the natural nail and the coating.
- How can I make my gel nail polish last longer?
- To make your gel nail polish last longer, avoid exposing your nails to harsh chemicals and excessive water. Maintain them with a good quality oil and lotion, if cracks occur or the nail coating is damaged replace it ASAP.
We hope this article has provided you with a better understanding of the differences between gel polish in a bottle or in a pot. Whether you’re a professional nail technician or a DIY enthusiast, choosing the right type of gel product and following manufacturer’s guidelines can make all the difference in achieving the perfect manicure.