How can we help?

Welcome to our Knowledge Base. Search for answers using the search box below.

I am self-employed and have a home salon. Do I need to do a risk assessment?

You are here:

In the UK, a risk assessment is a requirement of the Health & Safety at Work Act but this is aimed at salons with 5 or more employees. However, as nail professionals, we work with hazardous chemicals and need to provide a very clean and hygienic environment for our clients.

For your own safety and that of your clients, a full risk assessment is strongly advised. During the recent pandemic is has been a requirement for all to have ready for an Environmental Health Dept check.

In order to fulfill part of your risk assessment you need to have copies of SDS (Safety Data Sheets) for all products that contain hazardous chemicals e.g. liquid monomer, UV cured products, acetone, etc.

Was this article helpful?
0 out of 5 stars
5 Stars 0%
4 Stars 0%
3 Stars 0%
2 Stars 0%
1 Stars 0%
How can we improve this article?
Previous How do I work on a client with type 2 diabetes?
Next Is a UV gel manicure safe for someone with previous skin health issues?
Table of Contents