Ask the Experts
Lesson Playback Issues
0 out of 5 stars
If you’re encountering audio or lesson issues while attempting to watch a course on a browser, this article explains various ways to troubleshoot these problems. Our support team will also follow this guide when responding to inquiries regarding lesson playback.
Troubleshooting issues with your course playing environment
Please try the following:
- Try watching the lesson in an incognito window.
- If the lesson plays without issue, try checking your extension, plugin or firewall program on your device to see if it needs to be reconfigured or disabled.
- If you’re encountering the issue while watching the lesson on your college or academies network, try watching the lesson on a non-company / non-academy network instead. If you’re able to watch the lesson without any issue, please report the issue to their IT team.
- Try a different browser. If you’re not already using Google Chrome, we recommend using it, as we’ve found it works best to watch NailKnowledge courses.
- Clear your browser’s cookies and cache and restart it before trying again.
- If you have a lot of browser tabs open, close most of them except the one you’re using to watch the course.
- A minimum internet speed of 5Mbit or 800kbps is required to watch a NailKnowledge course on your device. Test your internet connection speed to make sure your environment meets this and that your system meets our requirements. If your internet speed is low, try watching the course during non-peak hours when your internet connection is stronger.
- If you can’t hear any audio, double-check to see that the lesson player volume is turned up and that the lesson is not muted. Check the sound settings on your device.
- Restart your computer and network devices (modems/switches/routers).